Wednesday 4 March 2015

Thesis statement: working as a dishwasher in a restaurant was my worst job




Thesis statement: working as a dishwasher in a restaurant was my worst job

The cases:            
1.Hours :
   - 10 hours
   - always change
2.Pay :   
   - minimum wage
   - no bonus
3.Working Condition :
    - heat in kitchen
    - noisy

My First Worst Job

Working is a part of life especially for those who are employees. People need to work or earning or getting benefits for their life.  Some of them work in a part-time or full-time. And I prefer to work in a part-time than full-time but in the same schedule every day. Then, when I had graduated from my high school, it meant I had to be ready to work for my bright future. At the time, I got a job as a dishwasher in quite big restaurant. It was my worst job because I got three cases which I didn’t really like on it. Those were about the hours, pay, and working condition.

                First, about the hours, commonly in the part-time duration we work eight hours but I work ten hours. You can imagine how tiring it was, because I had to work two hours more than the common shift. Besides, the hours always changed every week. Sometimes, I started working in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. So, I didn’t get regular hours in working including my day-off because those depended on the schedule.

                Second, about the pay, I did hope for my extra work in ten-hours of my shift, I would get more in wage because I would buy something that I wanted. But, unfortunately I got a minimum wage. It was very annoying because I did worked hard and in time in working but I got the inverse which is something was not balance with I did. In addition, there was no bonus for overtime of working. I tried to do my best, working in time, but if the dirty dishes were over such as after the arty, meeting, reception or other events. I had to finish them all although I worked for overtime. But pity on me, I spent my time and my power for doing those all, there was no bonus for me at all.

                The last, about the working condition, if we hope the result of doing something is good, so we have to feel comfort about the place, view, or condition. Those were out of my expectation moreover my working condition. It was heat in kitchen. So, I had to bear as I could even though the condition was uncomfortable for me. Not only that, my work area was also so noisy. I really could not enjoy that condition. How I work well if I myself did not enjoy my work condition.
                Those all that I had ever been as a dishwasher even it was my worst job but I got many experiences from it. I do hope it is my last worst job in my life. Then, I’m ready to get experiences again in my new work place but as a distributor.

1 comment: